There are still lots of Chinese suppliers who do not have any idea what dropshipping is all about. This could be due to the fact that small orders of products from Chinese suppliers that will be shipped to foreign countries are new to them.
Then why do you choose the BEST DROPSHIPPER from our list? The answer is simple, the manufacturers or factories they get their products do not deliver a single item even if they are capable of doing that. They just don’t want to go through the complications of delivering a single item.
This goes the same with most manufacturers and some Chinese dropshippers who do not want to make business with small orders. Therefore, you have to look for distributors and trading companies instead of going straight to the manufacturers. It will be just a waste of your time and efforts.
“Getting the wrong end of the (Chop) Stick”
From the e commerce point of view, Chinese are now aware of the importance of going with the pace of time, that is new technology or else they will be left behind. Chinese businessmen as we all know are conservative. They still want to do their business the old way. Luckily, they realized that they have to look ahead. Nowadays, importing goods from China is very easy.
You don’t have to the motherland or meet Chinese suppliers somewhere else. Doing business online is so easy and at the same time cost saving. Now, can you still say that Chinese thinking is still stuck in the mud?
Words of wisdom when dealing with diverse cultures
- Chinese suppliers can be quiet annoying. They are hard headed and want everything to be their way.
Never get angry with them, this will lead you nowhere. Always guard your temper when dealing with them, be polite and patient.
- Do not be rude either when you email or talk to them over the phone. This will lead to the end of your business relationship and you don’t want that to happen.
- Chinese people do not always say what they are thinking. In fact, blurt out words we don’t normally want to say. Western people on the other hand mislead that as Chinese are lying to them or don’t want to tell them anything. Well, that is normal for Chinese businesses. You won’t always get the information you want from them.
- The common phrases that we often hear the Western say are “let’s lay it on the line, do not beat around the bush”. Unfortunately, this is not Chinese way of communication. Basic information sometimes takes time to come out in the open.
- Do not be angry if you think they are pricing you too much. You can communicate to them in a nice way. Getting in a good confrontation mood will not put you in a good business relationship with them.
- Go with how the Chinese want it. You suggest and offer concessions and present everything you want from them in your most polite way.
- Deal with them in a nice way but obviously not demanding. Make sure that you will have a win- win situation here. Don’t be arrogant. There is no room for arrogance with the Chinese. Remember, you need them and not otherwise.
- Always be polite, friendly, generous and helpful with them. You will benefit a lot if you do it their way.