Do you have a chance to succeed if you are just going with the flow?
Everybody seems to be selling the same product as you are. They have been in the market for a long time, have established customers and the prices as good. What will you do? Don’t lose hope and never give up!
With the right approach and with a good amount of dedication, you can succeed where others does. You will have to follow the formulas other people applied.
Here are the secrets on how to lure customers into buying your products:
- Be the first. Move fast and be the first to introduce new products in your market. Always look for something new.
- Use the quantity buying factor to cut your saving costs and at the same time lower you prices.
- Find ways to reach out to your target market. Take advantage of you location in marketing your products. You may be the only outlet who has this product or you are the first to introduce this product. Everything is possible now. Use your online connections, give away fliers and other means of getting to know what you are selling.
- Study the most effective marketing strategy. Small changes in your marketing strategy will definitely change and improve your sales.
Things that you have to put your attention:
- Improve your product information and your won pre-sales strategy
- Improve your customer support and knowledge in technical support
- Improve you handling of the products such as faster delivery, better packaging, promos and good tracking capabilities
- Offer warranties and guarantees
- Offer discounts and special deals as much as possible
- Bundle, combine and upsell products (e.g. cellphone + case)
- Promote your products to previous buyers
- Apply strategic buying power (e.g. use of pay per click advertising online)
- Go for the traditional marketing of products as well.
Apply the Two Strategies:
STRATEGY 1 – Always Make it Safe
Always have a foresight for the future trend in the market which you think will satisfy most customers. Be the first in your location to offer the current hot sellers and jump on it. Always sell better quality products, affordable prices (cheaper than your competitors) and right market penetration so that you can compete with other people who are selling the same product.
STRATEGY 2 – Get Ahead of the Pack
Always look for something new, cutting edge and unique products that are not that popular but based on your marketing research, it has a huge selling potential.
Combine these two strategies and you are in for luck.
For example, we all know that the latest craze we have today are iPods. But there are too many businesses who sell actual iPods. What will you do? You need to be in tuned or else you will be completely ignored. The best way is to look for the related and alternative products. The ”related products” would be the iPod accessories such as cases, speakers and other spare parts. The alternative products would be MP3 players or MP4 for those who prefer a media player but not necessarily an Apple iPod.
iPod was identified as a hot selling product, but then you are not selling iPods. Instead, you are selling only the alternative and related products. This approach is called profiting from popularity. You are playing it safe it while still being ahead of the pack.